Ads by Nuffnang!

Monday 18 December 2017

Dec 18: Resuming my Weight loss battle after 21 days.

After 21 days break.  I, Jeff Lim's back. Today's day 70 but I shall call it Attempt 2, Day 1.  It's 1 week or 7 days before Christmas.

Summary what Happened past 21 days.  Day 50 and 51 Preparing for Myanmar trip.  Day 52 to 59 spent 8 days and 7 nights in Yangon.  Doing Humanitarian work.  On average, I walked 6000 steps daily, burned 250 calories but Ate 2200 calories daily.  Here's what I eat there:
Above and Below: 1st meal in Yangon.


 Above and below: 1st dinner in Yangon


 Above: Day 2 Hotel breakfast buffet.
 Above and below: Day 2, Lunch

 Above and Below: Day 2 home cooked lunch.

 Above: Giant Banana.  My friend said's pisang Gajah.















 Above and Below: Our Day 5 lunch.  Home cooked.



 Above and Below Our Day 5 Dinner.


 Above and Below: Our Day 6 Hotel Buffet.

 Above and Below: Nice taxi I rode.  Toyota Corolla Fielder.




 Above: RM14 Mamak Mee Goreng.  Chef worked 7 years in Malaysia.  Below: RM8 Jus Avocado.

 Above: Hotel Buffet.
 Above and below: the Practicality of Wagon.  This is Toyota Corolla Fielder.

 Above: MAS delayed 1 hour.  Below: the Inflight Lunch.  Chicken Rendang briyani with Acar.
END OF Photos.

Before My trip on 30th November, my Fitness trainer used the Karada Scan to measure me.  Apparently, I was 96.7kg.  I managed to maintained this weight till today, but my waistline grew to 39".
Stats below:


Here's a summary of what I did there:

SHORT-TERM MISSIONS DEBRIEF

1.      What did you like best about your trip?
All the Pastors’ and Church Members’ Hospitality, the Home cooked foods.  Ps. Isaac fetching us around and warmth hospitality.  I liked the Simple Life of the Burmese.   

 I love Wagons.  Felt so Happy seeing so many JDM Wagons like Corolla Fielder, Avensis, Ipsum, Nissan California.   Google told me Burma Began Driving on the Right side of the Road back in 1970  90% of Burmese can only afford reconditioned cars from Japan as New car reserved for the Rich or Military officials.

The Home visitations.  It was eye opening.  I observed Burmese have a Strong Hunger for God after Decades of Suppressed military Regime.  They were more than Ready to Accept what we share.  They have child like faith.

2.      What did you learn about the country, people and culture?

I Google and discovered Myanmar have the 2nd Highest Road Fatality Rate in The World.  Therefore, the Government is gradually banning RHD New Cars since 2015.  The citizens are very poor, laid back, like Malay culture.  They were easily contented.  The smile on their face upon receiving Gift or Clothing were priceless. 

This is a Much Safer country than Malaysia, Pastor Isaac daughter’s luggage left at the back of the Hilux openly for 1 day, no one Steal.  If this is KL, within minutes it’ll be gone.  We can walk around in Yangon At night yet feel safe.  Something we can no longer enjoy in KL.  There are many Colonial buildings around Yangon City. 

Burmese Enjoys Rice with Pork or Chicken, Soup and Curries OR Chillies very much.  I loved their version of Pork Vermicelli Noodles called “Khao Swe”.  Unique, Rich in ingredients and taste.
Burmese people Love dogs.  They don’t eat them.  Hence, Dogs are Everywhere.  There are many Stray dogs.
   
3.      Share a special story, event or person you met.

Ps.Nandar’s persistency in Praying for the Sick.  Normally people prayed 1-2 rounds, she prayed Non-stop for the Crippled boy.  I respect her never give up attitude. 
Also, during a Rainbow Mercy home, 1 HIV+ aunty WORKED so Hard taking care of the Home she Fainted 3 times after the Prayers.  Later, We were told she Overworked despite sickness.  She’s fine 1 hour later when we are leaving the place.

The generosity spirit of the Members.  One member willing to offer his Piglet for sale to raise funds for the WFC.

4.      What was one thing you were most thankful to God for?
Thank God for my Team, we bonded together well.  They treating me like a “little brother”.  Thank God for Protection during the Sampan Ride – without life jacket @ high tide.  
I didn’t feel afraid nor experienced any sea-sick (normally would). 

Thank God for the GMF Healings, 1st time in my life seeing Healing right in front of my eyes.   After Visiting the Slums in Hlaing Tar Yai and Seikki, I began to feel thankful and appreciate all the things I have and all the people around me. 

5.      What was most difficult or challenging for you?

The Dirty toilets, most of toilets Can’t flush.  Resisting Breastfeeding mums in front of me.  Language Barrier.  We don’t know what the translator said.  Lack of translator.

This was the 1st time I leaving my home without family member for so long.  Overcome my fear of public speaking.  This is the 1st time I sharing Testimony in public (3 times), 1st time sharing word (once).  Also, 2 times Candy cane stories.

6.      What did you learn about God and His character?

Pray for and rely on the Holy spirit.  Praying in the spirit helps in Many occasions.  1st time he revealed so many verses to me at the right place and right time.   God’s timing is perfect. 

I can see God Soften the hearts of Burmese, especially the believers.  Helped them brave persecution.  Helped me to overcome my fear of failure and gave me Courage.  God also gave us Energy and strength to last the whole day.

7.      What did you discover about yourself and what will you do about it?
I learned to work as a team. I learned to appreciate the things and people around me.  Admired their Child-like faith. Need to have more faith in God and co-operate / listen to the Holy spirit.  Discipline in Reading God’s word and Devotion Daily.

8.      How can you continue to contribute towards the work in the community you served?
I shall keep WFC in Prayer especially the 4 pastors and their ministries.
At least I can tell the Burmese I fetched every Tuesday to DUMC “I’ve been to your country and I enjoyed every moment.  Love your Country, Love Wagon”.  Before this trip, I have nothing to say to them.  I shall be back Next year by God’s Grace.

END OF Myanmar Trip Report.

Without further ado, let's proceed to Logbook:

 LOGBOOK:

1) Weight: 96.7kg 
2) Waist: 39.0" 
3) Calories Consumed today: 1771 cal  (645 calories remained)

Breakfast: 455 cal
- Fried Sweet Vermicelli with fried egg - 375 cal
- Kopi C: 80

Lunch: 372 cal

- Fish ball Noodle Soup

Dinner: 417 cal
- White Rice: 121
- Penang  Lobak: 140
- Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots: 30
- Steam Minced Meat with pickled vege.

4) Calories Burned 244 cal

5) Steps: 6,257 / 3.4km
6) Walking and Running distance: 3.41km (Apple health APP)
7) Sleep: 6 hours 30 mins only.
8) Libido: Normal
9) Water intake: 10 glasses.
10) Mood: Happy,  Blessed, worried.
11) Exercise: Brisk Walk, Walked 3.21km today.  5 sets 40 times Crunches and Planking.

12) Caffeine: 2 cups.
13) Soda: 0 cup

That's all folks, thanks for having the time and patience to read this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment